Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I love cameras

This is not a one time thing. This is how my child sleeps. For months our son has been pulling the blanket over his face to sleep and what cracks us up is the consistency of it. I often go in to check on him sleeping just to see if he's done it again, and he always has. Whatever it takes, I guess.

80's day at the kids' school. The kids thought it was great, but the real fun was had by the parents who planned their outfits...true children of the 80's!


Cairo's hair got a little long and I had a little too much fun with it. It is cut now, for anyone who worries that I am demoralizing my children. (He liked it, by the way--only resisting the rubber bands until I showed him what I was doing in the mirror. Suddenly he became very patient with me and was fascinated and pleased with his new do.)


Here is the evidence of the mouse who has apparently been sneaking around our garage stealing old Halloween candy. He must surely be fat and happy after all this!


Staten and three little buddies are in a golf class together. Something about this picture just cracks me up. You could flash forward several decades to this scene and it wouldn't look much different, I think. Just taller boys (men) and longer golf clubs.


We've seen several rainbows in the past while. This one was a double although its hard to tell in the picture. We like to drive around in the car hunting for the end of the rainbow in search of that allusive pot of gold. Our consolation for not finding the gold is the newly instituted "rainbow celebration" which we now get to have in our family upon spotting a rainbow. (My husband will attest to the fact I'll use ANY excuse to celebrate and I am good at coming up with reasons.)

4 comments:

Ben and Shara said...

when are you due? I'd like to have an update on you. Maybe even a pregnant picture or two, am I asking too much?
Please report. . . I don't know a thing.

Anonymous said...

Those are some great pictures. I love Cairo's hair doo!

Amy Coontz said...

Thanks for the pictures. I don't think I have seen your kids since Windsyr was a baby!!

Emily said...

I am LOL at the little 80's kids! That was totally us! By the way, Cairo looks like Windsyr in that picture. Avery has a letter that I need to send to Staten and Windsyr (actually she thinks I already sent it)ooops. I'll call you to make some plans!