Thursday, May 24, 2007

The graduate

Well I tried to transfer a picture over from Lol and Micah's blog to show you the newest Juris Doctorate in the family, but it didn't work. You'll just have to take my word for it that Micah looked right at home in his black cap and gown with 50 leis around his neck. So anyway, my little brother is having quite the week: Graduation from Law School on Saturday and a 29th birthday today. Now that he is an Esquire, he can cross off another item on his "Things to do before 30" list, if he has one, and knowing Micah, he does. Soon he will ace the Bar and then he can cross off another. That's Micah for you--and nobody in our family is surprised by his achievements. From his entrance into the world he has been the kind of guy that accomplished what he set out to do. I like to tease him that the same stubborn streak and determination that drove him to punch his 8 year old fist through a glass screen door I had locked him outside of has propelled him to success in every arena throughout his life. I am proud of my little bro, his beautiful family, his happy life, and I am inspired by his example. Love you, Micah!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Micah, I was wondering when we will see you. Have a good birthday, and tell my cousins hi...including the new boy on the way.

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Micah, happy birthday. I got a package in the mail today with Morgan's old clothes and I look beautiful in them. We miss you.

Anonymous said...

I tried to call you several times, up until now...10 PM. I left a message. You must be really busy with your Bar Review classes. Guess you weren't kidding, 10 hours a day 6 days a week! Reminds me of the good old days when you were still a student.
I hope you had a great birthday and we are looking forward to many more.
Happy Birthday. Love You!

Ace said...

A lawyer died and arrived at the pearly gates. To his dismay, there were thousands of people ahead of him in line to see St. Peter. But, to his surprise, St. Peter left his desk at the gate and came down the long line to where the lawyer was standing. St. Peter greeted him warmly. Then St. Peter and one of his assistants took the lawyer by the hands and guided him up to the front of the line into a comfortable chair by his desk.

The lawyer said, "I don't mind all this attention, but what makes me so special?"

St. Peter replied, "Well, I've added up all the hours for which you billed your clients, and by my calculation you must be about 193 years old!"

Happy Birthday. Congratulations on the graduation as well. Now you fit in down here in Irvine much better than I do.