Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dads R Rad


So I think the title of this little Primary activity in honor of dads pretty much sums up my feelings about Father's Day. Unfortunately we had a few mispronunciations this year that inaccurately grouped dads in the rodent family, but I think they still felt loved as they putted around the homemade mini-golf course with their children. I know I am grateful for my dad who is one of the kindest, gentlest men I know, and loves life, people, art, cars, swiss cheese, remote control anythings, talking, laughing, movies, and his grandkids. His weekend trips to hang out with us are better than Disneyland for our children, and he is a big part of our family.

I am also in awe of my husband who is so deeply involved in his kids' lives I don't even know where to begin in tribute to him. He is the axis their world spins around, and I love watching him in action as he coaches their sports teams, volunteers in their classrooms (whether Kindergarten or princess preschool) takes them swimming, biking, hiking, camping, or even just to 7-11 for slurpees. He cleans wounds, wipes tears, changes diapers, wrestles, laughs, and plays with them. He is their teacher, their mentor, their example and their biggest hero. He is the kind of Father I dreamed of for my children and I am so grateful for him. I am also thankful for my Father-in-law who taught Brian this depth of involvement through his own good example.

Dads R Rad. What more can I say?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear dad,

Shonyo.

Love, Staten

Anonymous said...

Dear dad,
I love you all the way to the moon and back.
Love, Windsyr

Anonymous said...

Da da. Dah dah! Dadadadada! Bye bye.

Anonymous said...

I love you more than BBQ corn nuts, and that's sayin' alot.

Anonymous said...

WE LOVE OUR PAPAS!! Thank you for making time to visit us and play with us. It means more to us than you will ever know.

kipalee said...

Hats off to the dads. It was a nice tribute, all the attributes are VERY TRUE and widely appreciated.